Healthy Hips Workshop at Upright Health in Redwood City, CA.
This two day workshop covers the fundamental ideas around training people out of hip pain including:
- general philosophy and research oriented approach to hip problems from a non-medical, movement-oriented perspective
- cutting edge research on femoroacetabular impingement, hip osteoarthritis, and labral tears and their importance in the context of human movement
- specific movement assessments we find helpful with our clients and the contexts in which they're useful
- specific exercises and the contexts in which they are useful
- specific case studies demonstrating the importance of various positions in targeting the right muscle groups
- how to troubleshoot issues and increase a human being's overall physical capacity despite chronic pain and scary-sounding medical diagnoses
- How to deal with the biggest impediments to progress
Who is the Healthy Hips Workshop for?
We want to reach personal trainers, physical therapists, chiropractors, coaches, and massage therapists who want to help themselves and other people train their bodies safely out of pain.
We are strong proponents of the idea that EVERYONE can and should be able to understand their own body.
This class is also open to regular people who want to learn how to help themselves and others. No degrees or certifications needed.
All you need is your own hips and the willingness to learn!
What kind of preparation is necessary for the Healthy Hips Workshop?
We ask you to complete an online study course (included in registration fee) before the workshop so that you are prepared.
Basic familiarity with the muscular anatomy of the hip and of planes of motion will be helpful.
If you are a professional, have specific people/cases in mind for discussion.
How many people can attend?
In the interest of high quality instruction, education, and interaction, we currently set a maximum of 10 attendees.
What does it cost?
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $397
REGULAR REGISTRATION: $549